Election to the membership of Public Council under State Migration Service
In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan № 816-IVQ “On Civic engagement” dated November 22, 2013, with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan № 89 on application of the law dated January 16, 2014 and with “Regulation on election of Public council by civil society institutions” approved with the Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan № 171 dated May 30, 2014, election to the Membership of Public Council under State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan was held at the administrative building of the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan located at 202 Binagadi Highway, 3123 Block, Binagadi district, Baku city, on May 20, 2015 at 15:00. 36 representatives of civil society institution participated as voters at the election. At the end of election process accordingly stamped ballot box was opened and the votes were counted with the participation of the members of Commission and under the control of observers. According to the results of voting among the candidates 25 votes for Allahveranov Azer Karim, 29 votes for Baghirov Kenan Sabir, 13 votes for Dadashova Shargiya Anvar, 15 votes for Amirhuseynova Mahira Imangulu, 27 votes for Katanov Mammad Teymur, 23 votes for Mammadova Kamala Natig, 28 votes for Mammadov Sahib Malik and 9 votes for Panahova Natavan Mammad were registered. Thus, as a result of election the following persons, who collected more than half of votes of participants elected as the members of Public Council under State Migration Service:
1. Allahverenov Azer Karim – head of “Hayat” International Humanitarian Organization;
2. Baghirov Kenan Sabir – senior advisor of Leadership School of the Azerbaijan Child and Youth Peace Network;
3. Katanov Mammad Teymur – chief of Migration division of Azerbaijan Red Crescent Society;
4. Mammadova Kamala Natig – head of Public Union on Research of Women and Children Problems;
5. Mammadov Sahib Malik - head of executive Committee of Citizen's Labor Rights Protection League
Public Council under the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan will begin functioning by holding its first meeting within 20 days.